'Tis the season to enjoy a delightful Christmas morning meal with your loved ones and this easy Hollandaise sauce recipe is the perfect way to add a touch of sophistication to your festive breakfast without any hassle. Let's dive into making this delectable sauce for a special holiday morning.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp lemon juice, with extra for taste
- 125 g Western Star Chef’s Choice Cultured Unsalted Butter, melted
- Salt for flavour
- Egg Yolk and Lemon Juice: Start by placing the egg yolk and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into the bowl of a food processor. Give them a quick whirl until they're well combined. The lemon juice adds a zesty kick, perfect for Christmas.
- The star of the show Western Star Butter: With your food processor running, slowly pour in just 1 to 2 tablespoons of melted butter at a time. Be patient. Processing the butter in small increments ensures that it mixes perfectly with the egg yolk and lemon juice, creating that luxurious, creamy texture ideal for a special holiday breakfast.
- Let It Blend: After each butter addition, let the food processor do its work for about 30 seconds. You'll see the sauce transform into a silky, pale yellow goodness that's hard to resist. Keep adding the butter and processing until it's all mixed in.
- Season to Taste: Once your Hollandaise sauce is beautifully blended, it's time to add a pinch of salt for flavour and, if you want it a bit zestier, a touch of extra lemon juice. Give it a final whirl in the food processor to ensure everything is well combined.
Imagine the joy on your loved ones' faces when they enjoy your homemade Hollandaise sauce on Christmas morning. Drizzle it over poached eggs, asparagus, or a special holiday eggs Benedict. This sauce is a splendid addition to your breakfast spread, adding a touch of luxury to your celebration.
This recipe reminds us that you don't need to be a professional chef to create gourmet dishes for the holidays. So, prepare for a memorable Christmas breakfast, grab great tasting Western Star Chef’s Choice Butter, get your food processor working, and enjoy the delicious flavours of Hollandaise sauce. Merry Christmas and happy cooking!