Recipe Shopping List
Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Place a grater in the bowl and grate the butter into the flour, coating the butter and grater in flour if it becomes sticky. Remove the grater and using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Stir in most of the milk to make a soft dough, adding more milk if the mixture is too dry. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured bench and knead gently for 30 seconds or until it forms a ball
- Roll the dough out using a rolling pin to form a 35 x 25cm rectangle
- Using a butter knife, Spread the vegemite over the dough and the sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Roll up along the long side, into a log
- Using a serrated knife, carefully cut 12 x 3cm scrolls pieces from the log and place, cut side up, on a paper lined baking tray
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked and cheese is golden, transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving
Tips & Hints:
- Try spreading tomato paste and ham onto the dough instead of vegemite for something different!