Recipe Shopping List
Classic Quiche Lorraine with a Simple Homemade Pastry
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 22cm quiche/tart tin with a removable base
- Place the flour, salt and butter into a food processor and blitz until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add one of the eggs and blitz again until just combined. Remove dough from the processor and wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile to make the filling, add the oil into a large fry pan and place over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the bacon and fry for five minutes or until just golden. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool completely
- In a large bowl, combine crème fraiche, milk, eggs, egg yolks and whisk together. Add gruyere, nutmeg, cooled bacon, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Set aside
- Roll out your dough on a lightly floured surface until half a centimetre thick. Lift into prepared tin and trim any excess pastry. Place into the oven for 20 minutes to blind bake. Quickly remove from the oven, lightly brush pastry with egg and place back into the oven to continue to bake for 5 minutes to seal pastry. Carefully pour filling into tart shell and bake for 35-40 minutes or until filling has set. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes before removing quiche from tart tin, slicing and serving
Tips & Hints:
- Try using different herbs or cheese for an interesting twist.
- Serve with warm seasonal vegetables.