Recipe Shopping List
Golden Pear Frangipane Tart with Quick Pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Place the flour, sugar, salt and butter into the base of a food processor and blitz until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the egg and blitz until mixture comes together and forms a dough. Shape into a disc, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Once chilled, roll dough into a circle about 3-5mm thick. Lay over a 23cm fluted tart tin with a removable base. Press gently to fit tart tin. Trim any excess pastry. Refrigerate for a further 30 minutes. Once chilled bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until slightly golden. Set aside to cool and turn down the heat of the oven to 180°C
- Meanwhile to make filling place the almonds, flour and sugar into the food processor and blitz until it resembles a powder. Add butter and blitz again until combined. Add the eggs and process for 2 minutes until creamy
- Transfer mixture into tart shell and smooth over with a spatula. Arrange the pear on top of frangipane filling. Sprinkle over extra caster sugar
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until firm and golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from the tart tin. Serve alongside freshly whipped cream
Tips & Hints:
- Try using other fruits instead of pear such as apple, nectarine and peach.
- Serve with extra thickened cream, whipped and a generous handful of seasonal berries.
More Desserts recipes from Western Star
No reviews for this recipe yet.