How to make gingerbread from scratch
How long does gingerbread last?
How to freeze gingerbread dough
- Shape dough into a disc about 1 inch thick, this will help it to defrost faster
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap
- To use, defrost in fridge overnight before rolling and using as normal
How to freeze baked gingerbread
- Ensure cookies are completely cool
- Space out cookies on a sheet pan in a single layer and freeze until hard
- Place frozen cookies into a container and freeze. You can also use a ziplock bag, but it will need to be handled more carefully.
- Thaw by placing whole container in fridge overnight, then on the counter to come to room temperature
How to make a gingerbread Christmas tree
Get the recipe: Gingerbread Star Trees
This gingerbread cookie stack makes a statement edible Christmas table centrepiece. Make one to stand next to a gingerbread house, or make a few for a gingerbread tree forest.
Gingerbread trifle with caramel
Get the recipe: Gingerbread and Caramel Trifle
Make your trifle extra festive by using crumbled gingerbread instead of the usual cake rolls!
More gingerbread recipes
Discover more gingerbread ideas below! Whether you make classic gingerbread people or try something different, there's a gingerbread recipe for everyone.
*DISCLAIMER: Western Star is a contributing recipe Partner at myfoodbook.com.au. This feature includes a mix of content sourced from Western Star and our own opinions. Find out more about the full range of Western Star products.