Recipe Shopping List
Gingerbread Rocky Road
- To make the gingerbread, melt Butter, brown sugar and golden syrup together in a saucepan, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg and butter mixture in a large bowl. Sift the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda over the butter mixture and mix until combined into a smooth dough. Flatten into a disc shape, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until just firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Divide dough in half. Roll each half between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Place on baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to completely cool before making Rocky Road.
- Grease a 3 cm-deep, 20 cm x 30 cm (base measurement) slice pan and line base and sides with baking paper, extending 3cm over long sides.
- Break 350 g (approx. 2 cups) of the cooked gingerbread into bite-sized pieces. Combine broken up gingerbread, coconut, marshmallows and lollies in a large bowl.
- Cut small triangles, about 6cm high, from the remaining gingerbread and set aside.
- Place chocolate and Butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir until chocolate has melted. Remove bowl from the pan.
- Pour melted chocolate over the gingerbread mixture. Using a spatula, mix until combined. Spread gingerbread mixture into prepared pan. Carefully press the gingerbread triangles upright into the mixture, adding a little extra of the melted dark chocolate mixture to cement the triangles into place if needed. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut rocky road into pieces. Serve.
No reviews for this recipe yet.