Recipe Shopping List
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a saucepan, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly
- Whisk egg and butter mixture in a large bowl. Sift flour, spices and soda over the butter mixture and mix until combined into a smooth dough
- Flatten into a disc shape, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes or until just firm
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1/2 cm thickness. Cut into shapes using 10-12cm gingerbread people cutters and use a lifter to transfer onto lightly buttered baking trays
- Bake at 180°C for 8-10 minutes or until cooked and lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Beat egg white until foamy then gradually beat in icing sugar until piping consistency. Spoon into a piping bag and use to decorate cooled gingerbread
Tips & Hints:
- To make these Gingerbread People into Tree Decorations: Cut christmas shaped biscuits out of gingerbread dough and bake until golden and cooked. While still warm, make a hole in the top of each with a skewer or straw. Decorate with royal icing when cooled. Thread with a ribbon and hang on your Christmas tree!
No reviews for this recipe yet.