Recipe Shopping List
Cherry Semifreddo with Chocolate Ganache
- To make the semifreddo, line a 1.2 litre loaf tin with cling film, allowing it to overhang by a few centimetres
- Place the cherries, 25g sugar and 1 tbsp water into a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for 7 minutes or until the cherries soften completely. Allow to cool slightly, then blitz in a blender and set aside to cool to room temperature
- Using an electric whisk, beat the yolks and remaining sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form
- Gently fold the coconut and ¾ of the cherry puree into the beaten yolk mix, then fold in the whipped cream
- Drizzle a few teaspoons of the cherry puree into the base of the prepared tin. Pour about a third of the semifreddo mixture on top. Add a few more spoonfuls of the cherry puree and stir it gently with a spoon to create a ripple effect. Repeat with the remaining mixture and cherry puree. Cover with cling film and freeze for at least 8 hours
- For the ganache, warm the cream and chocolate together in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of simmering water. Stir until combined then take off the heat to cool slightly
- To serve, take out of the freezer for 10 minutes to allow it to soften slightly. Remove the top layer of cling film and turn out onto a serving platter. Peel off the remaining cling film. Top with some of the chocolate ganache and sprinkle with roasted coconut. Add fresh cherries and serve in slices with the remaining ganache served separately
Tips & Hints:
- For a grown-up version, tray adding a dash of Kirsch or coconut liqueur to the semifreddo mixture.
- For extra crunch, fold in some chopped roasted almonds or hazelnuts.
No reviews for this recipe yet.