Recipe Shopping List
Cornfed Chicken and Coriander Pie
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Turn the heat up to high, add the Game Farm Cornfed Chicken and cook until the meat is sealed (this should take no longer than 3 minutes). Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and stir until well coated.
- Quickly add the Bitton Gourmet Coriander Pesto, stock and cream and bring to the boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Set aside, season and allow to cool slightly
- Meanwhile, butter and line a 20cm pie dish. Place one sheet of puff pastry into the dish and cut another sheet to place so it comes up and over the sides. Spoon the chicken mixture into the pastry shell
- Place another sheet of puff pastry over the top and seal around the edges of the pie dish. Make a few holes in the pastry lid and brush with milk. Place pie into the oven for 35-40 minutes or until cooked and golden
Tips & Hints:
- Serve with some steamed greens or salad and mashed sweet potato to soak up all the delicious juices.
No reviews for this recipe yet.