Recipe Shopping List
- Place the chipotle, onion, garlic, coriander stalks, tomatoes and spices into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large pot and add the pureed tomato mixture. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring regularly for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken thighs, coat in the mixture then add the stock. Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer. Cover and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a pan with 2cm of oil. Over medium to high heat add the tortilla strips, in batches, and fry for about a minute, or until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Remove chicken from the soup and shred meat. Discard the chicken skin and bones and return the meat to the soup. Check seasoning as it may need a little extra salt. Add half the lime juice.
- Portion soup between bowls and top with feta, tortillas chips, fresh coriander and a little extra lime.
Justine Schofield is one of Australia’s most recognisable culinary faces, having forged a reputation as a simple and elegant cook. Justine's deliciously simple recipes for comforting winter dishes are made using La Banderita’s deliciously authentic products including tacos, fajitas and tortillas in all sizes. See more La Banderita Recipes by Celebrity Chef Justine Schofield on LaBanderita.Tv
No reviews for this recipe yet.