Recipe Shopping List
Celebration Salted Caramel, Peanut and Chocolate Tart
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl and press into the base of a buttered 35cm x 12cm rectangular fluted tart tin with removable base. Chill until firm
- Combine condensed milk, golden syrup, extra butter and salt flakes in a heavy-based non-stick saucepan and cook over very low heat, for 15-20 minutes, stirring continuously until golden. Cool for 8-10 minutes. Spread evenly onto biscuit base with a spatula. Sprinkle with peanuts and press into caramel. Chill until firm
- Pour cream in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in milk and dark chocolate until melted. Cool slightly, then pour over the caramel and chill until set. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving
- Remove the tart tin and transfer to a platter. Decorate with berries and salt flakes and serve with cream
Tips & Hints:
- If you don't have a rectangular tart tin, you can use a 25cm round fluted tart tin with removable base. This dessert can be made up to two days ahead and decorated just before serving. Adjust salt flakes to suit your personal taste.
- This dessert is very rich, if you prefer a milder chocolate version, substitute the dark chocolate for milk chocolate. Decorate this tart with cherries for a festive touch.