Recipe Shopping List
Cherry, Raspberry and Almond Tart
- To make the cherry and raspberry jam, combine all ingredients into a saucepan and stir over medium heat. Bring to the boil and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 8 mins. Transfer into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- To make the pastry, place the almonds into a food processor and blitz until the almonds resemble course breadcrumbs
- Using a stand mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the flour and almonds and beat to combine. Turn the mixture out onto the bench and form a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and place into the fridge for at least an hour
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry to 3mm thick. Place the pastry into a 20cm x 28cm rectangular tart tin. Trim the edges and place into the fridge for at least 20 mins. Blind bake the pastry for 10 mins, remove the weights and bake for a further 10 mins or until golden. Cool completely before filling
- Whisk the cream, crème fraiche and icing sugar until soft peaks form. Spread the jam over the base of the pastry and spoon over the cream mixture. Top with fresh cherries and raspberries
Tips & Hints:
- Serve lightly dusted with icing sugar.
- If you have an abundance of fresh cherries and raspberries try using these in place of frozen cherries and raspberries in the jam.
More Desserts recipes from Western Star
No reviews for this recipe yet.