Recipe Shopping List
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced
- Place chicken between sheets of baking paper. Using a meat mallet, flatten to about 1cm in thickness
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add tomatoes and sugar. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Pour hot tomato mixture into a 7-cup (about 4-5cm deep) baking dish. Arrange chicken in dish. Scatter chicken with bocconcini and sprinkle with parmesan
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese melts and tomato sauce is bubbling. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve with crusty bread and a leafy green salad
Tips & Hints:
- TASTING NOTES: Far from a dish served at the local pub, this version of Chicken Parmigiana is conventional enough that it can be enjoyed as a family dinner or served up at a dinner party. Creamy bocconcini cheese melts beautifully over seasoned chicken, nestled in a rich sauce of crushed tomatoes enriched with garlic and basil. Working in complete harmony is the crisp flavour that comes from the Orange & Passionfruit Mineral Water which marries particularly well with the tomato base.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Chicken Parmigiana Parmigiana Dinner Chicken Sauces Poultry Australia Day Autumn Baby and Bridal Showers Dinner Party Father's Day Holidays Mother's Day Summer Weekends Winter Italian Family Dinners Kid Friendly basil Bocconcini Chicken Breasts Garlic Olive Oil Parmesan Red Onions sugar tinned tomatoes