Experience the heartwarming comfort of homemade pumpkin soup paired with fluffy Air Fryer Bread Rolls. The soup's a harmonious blend of butternut pumpkin, butter, and fragrant nutmeg, resulting in a creamy and buttery sensation that's simply the best. With the rolls, you're sure to love this recipe.
Credit: Whisk Media Group
Recipe Shopping List
Homemade Pumpkin Soup with Fluffy Air Fryer Bread Rolls
- Heat oil and butter together in a large deep pan over medium high heat and add onion and garlic. Cook stirring for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add pumpkin, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add stock and partially cover with lid. Bring to the simmer and then reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Blend with a stick blender and stir through cream. Taste for seasoning and garnish with fresh thyme leaves
Air Fryer Bread Rolls
- Place water in a heatproof jug. Stir in yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes until foamy.
- Sift flour in a large bowl. Stir in remaining sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre. Add yeast mixture, butter and milk. Stir until mixture forms a dough.
- Squeeze together in the bowl with your hands. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 6 minutes until smooth and elastic. Spray a large bowl with cooking oil spray. Sit dough ball in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a tea towel and sit in a warm place for 1 hour until tripled in volume.
- Punch down dough. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface into a log. Cut into 8 even pieces. Knead each piece lightly into a ball. Mark two slits into the smooth tops with a sharp knife.
- Grease air-fryer basket with butter. Place dough balls in air-fryer basket. Brush liberally with egg. Cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap and sit in a warm place to prove again for 1 hour or until tripled in volume.
- Air-fry on 160C for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Tip rolls out onto a tray. Slide back into air fryer basket being careful to not burn yourself. Cook for 4-5 minutes until bases are golden. Stand until room temperature and serve with Western Star spreadable.
Tips & Hints:
- If you have a large air fryer that is also an oven. You can select the proving function to speed up the rising process. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with a tea towel. Prove on 40C for 45 minutes until tripled in volume.
- Rolls are best eaten fresh on the day they are made. Freshen up rolls in the microwave for 10 seconds each. Rolls can be frozen on the day they are baked.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Soup Bread Bread Roll Dinner Soups Bread Autumn Dinner Party Father's Day Mother's Day Spring Winter Australian Family Dinners Kid Friendly Air Fryer Olive Oil Butter Garlic Garlic cloves Butternut pumpkin nutmeg salt and pepper chicken stock Cream Thyme dry yeast Caster sugar Plain flour sea salt Salted Butter Full Cream Mlik Eggs Onions