Recipe Shopping List
- For best results, use the Searing Slow Cooker ® by Breville
- Use the MENU button to select HIGH SEAR. Select POWER/START to commence pre-heating the slow cooker. Add the olive oil, then cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides, 3-4 minutes, Then add the onions and garlic and sweat down till tender (about 4-6 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper, basil, diced tomato, passata and mushrooms and bring up to the boil.
- Scatter the olives & pour the lemon juice over the casserole.
- Add the remainder of the marinade. Cover with lid. Select the CANCEL button. Use the MENU button to select HIGH SLOW COOK. Adjust the timer to 4 hours and press POWER/START to start cooking. If you want to put on before work, place on LOW SLOW COOK and cook for 8 hours
- Serve with steamed rice or pasta and fresh parsley
Phoodie is a cookbook, restaurant, food blogger and regular contributor to Australia's largest women's website; Mamamia!
"My culinary obsession began when cooking, recipe writing and eating, with both my Greek and Lebanese grandmothers." After the world-famous Le Cordon Bleu cookery school in London, then working with some of the UK and Europe's top chefs, she then started her food blog.
Breville has been working with a number of influential Australian Chefs, food bloggers and celebrities to inspire you to create delicious restaurant-quality dishes at home.