Recipe Shopping List
Mini Bolognese Pies
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Heat a baking tray
- Using pastry cutters or a bowl for a guide, cut 6 x 12cm rounds from short-crust pastry
- Cut 6 x 9cm circles from puff pastry
- Grease a 6 hole x 1 cup-capacity non-stick Texas muffin pan. Line each hole with short-crust pastry circles
- Spoon 1/3 cup Bolognese sauce into each hole. Top with puff pastry circles, gently pressing edges to seal
- Cut a small cross into the top of each pie. Lightly brush with egg. Place pan onto the heated baking tray. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Gently ease pies out of pan. Serve
Tips & Hints:
- To make this recipe have a pre made batch of Ardmona's Beef and Mushroom Bolognese Sauce ready to go.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until onion is soft. Stir in tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, until evenly browned
- Stir in mushrooms and stock. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and thyme if using. Cover and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat and gently simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, for 40-45 minutes until thick. Season to taste. Remove thyme if used
Tips & Hints:
- Beef and Mushroom Bolognese Sauce Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Makes: 6 cups
- This recipe uses only 2 cups of Ardmona's Beef and Mushroom Bolognese Sauce. Use leftover bolognese sauce for other great recipes like Bolognese Baked Capsicums and classic Spaghetti Bolognese.