Recipe Shopping List
Pie Maker Okonomiyaki (Japanese Savoury Pancake)
- Preheat pie maker. Wait for the green READY light to go on.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk, flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in coleslaw mix.
- Spray pie maker with oil. Place one-sixth of the mixture into each hole. Close lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until about half cooked. Using a spoon or fork, flip pancakes over, pressing into holes. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pie maker. Continue to cook remaining pancakes.
- Transfer okonomiyaki to a serving plate. Drizzle with mayonnaise and okonomi sauce and scatter with shallot.
Tips & Hints:
- Note: Okonomi sauce is a Japanese-style barbecue sauce traditionally served with okonomiyaki. Find it in the Asian aisle of large supermarkets. You can substitute with tonkatsu sauce or, at a pinch, a good barbecue sauce.
Related: Brunch Lunch Snacks Pies Sauces Vegetarian Summer Picnic Party Dinner Party Baby and Bridal Showers Father's Day Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day World Egg Day Japanese Pie Maker 30 minute meals Healthy Dinners Football Finals High Protein Vege Smugglers Baking Powder coleslaw salad mix Eggs Kewpie mayonnaise Milk Plain flour Shallots tonkatsu sauce