Recipe Shopping List
Rustic Free Form Moroccan Chicken Pie
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- Place chicken, 1 tblsp oil, garlic, turmeric, cumin, coriander in a bowl, and mix to coat chicken. Set aside
- Heat 2 tblsp of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion until soft, add chicken and stir for 5 minutes or until chicken is brown
- Add carrots, chilli, dates and stock. Bring mixture to boil, add cornflour mix
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat, set aside to cool
- To assemble the pie, stack 2 sheets of puff pastry on top of a lined baking tray
- Spoon pie filling on to the centre of the pastry. Brush edges of pastry with beaten egg. Place remaining 2 sheets on top of each other. Roll out slightly with a rolling pin.
- Place pastry on top of the pie filling, pressing down edges with a fork to join. Trim edges to make a 26cm round. Using a sharp knife score the top of the pastry. Brush with egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden
- Serve with salad
Latest recipes from Lilydale
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Pie Dinner Pies Mince Chicken Autumn Dinner Party Father's Day Mother's Day Weekends Winter African Family Dinners Free Range Vege Smugglers Carrots chicken stock Chicken Thighs coriander Cumin Eggs Garlic long green chillies medjool dates Olive Oil Onions Parsley Puff Pastry salt turmeric Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh Fillets Cornflour