Recipe Shopping List
- Pre-heat oven to 160° C/140° C (fan-forced) and brush a 21.5 x 11.5 x 5.5cm loaf tin with margarine spread and line with baking paper.
- Using a microwave oven or stove top, melt margarine spread and cool.
- Place cooled margarine spread, brown sugar, vanilla extract and eggs in mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the bicarbonate of soda into the buttermilk and add to the liquid ingredients with the flours, oats and banana. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and when a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire cooling rack, removing the baking paper and cooling completely.
- Serve cut into slices.
- Make topping by mixing the oats, margarine spread, brown sugar and cinnamon together with a wooden spoon until well combined. Set aside
Tips & Hints:
- 2 medium sized bananas yield 3/4 cup mashed banana. Very ripe bananas give this bread a great flavour.
No reviews for this recipe yet.