Recipe Shopping List
Lemon Syrup Cake
- Make the syrup by placing the lemon juice, sugar and water in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F (160°C fan-forced)
- Brush a 21.5 x 11.5 x 5.5cm loaf tin with melted margarine spread and base line with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine spread, sugar and lemon zest with a hand held mixer until creamy.
- Add the eggs, flours, oats and milk and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Place into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a warmed skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Stand cooked cake on a cooling rack and using a skewer, make holes in the cake. Pour over the hot syrup and leave to cool in the tin.
- When the cake is cold, remove from the tin, remove baking paper and serve cut into slices.
Tips & Hints:
- Leftover Lemon Syrup Cake stores well in the refrigerator. Lemon Syrup Cake is delicious served as a dessert with reduced or low vanilla fat yoghurt and berries such as raspberries, strawberries or blueberries.
No reviews for this recipe yet.