Recipe Shopping List
Hazelnut Oat Slice
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C (fan-forced) and brush a 27 x 17cm (base measurement) slice pan with melted margarine spread and line with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix oats, flours, hazelnuts and sugar.
- Using a microwave oven or stove top, heat margarine spread with golden syrup until melted
- In a small bowl, combine water and bicarbonate of soda then add into the golden syrup mix while stirring.
- Pour syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together to combine.
- Press mixture firmly into the prepared slice pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before transferring to a cutting board. Remove baking paper from the base, cut into slices and store in an airtight container.
Tips & Hints:
- This slice may be made with chopped pecan nuts for variety.
No reviews for this recipe yet.