Recipe Shopping List
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C (fan-forced) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream together the margarine spread, sugar and vanilla with a hand held mixer in a medium bowl.
- Sift together the plain wholemeal and self-raising flours, corn flour and bicarbonate of soda returning any husks from the wholemeal flour and stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the milk and oats and mix to combine.
- Place the extra oats for coating in a small bowl.
- Roll a teaspoonful of mixture into a small ball and toss in extra oats to coat. Place on the prepared baking trays. Repeat with remaining mixture leaving room for biscuits to spread.
- Make a small deep hole in the centre of each biscuit using the top of a round handled wooden spoon and place 1/4 teaspoon jam into each hole.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on trays before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight .
Tips & Hints:
- As the jam spreads during cooking each biscuit only needs a small amount of jam. Healthier margarine spreads – e.g. margarine spreads made with canola, sunflower, soybean, safflower or olive oils.
No reviews for this recipe yet.