Recipe Shopping List
- Place flour, yeast, 2 tsp salt in a large mixing bowl. Add warm water and 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Using clean hands, bring mixture together to form a wet and sticky dough. Add a little more oil to bowl and grease mixing bowl. Turn dough in bowl to coat. Cover and set aside in a warm place until it doubles in size (approx. 1 hour)
- Pour remaining olive oil into a large 30cm x 40cm baking dish and swirl to coat evenly
- Punch dough to expel air and place inside oiled baking dish. Using your fingertips, stretch the dough to the edges. Cover again and set aside in a warm place to puff up, (approx. 30 minutes)
- Arrange oven rack in the middle position of the oven and preheat oven 240°C/220°C (fan-forced)
- Using the base of a small glass dusted in flour, press down into dough to make 8 evenly spaced indents. Open out indents more by pushing the dough back with your fingers. Sprinkle with 2 tsp sea salt and scatter over cheese, bacon, onion and rosemary around the indents
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and press the same glass into the indents to make them deeper. Crack 1 egg into each indent. Bake for a further 7- 9 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks runny. Serve warm
Tips & Hints:
- The dough can be left in the covered bowl to rise overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning, transfer the cold dough to baking pan and allow it to warm up, about 30 minutes, before stretching and finishing the recipe.
- Leftovers should be stored in a sealed container and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Bread Breakfast Brunch Lunch Bread Baking Baby and Bridal Showers Easter Father's Day Holidays Mother's Day Picnic School Holidays Summer Weekends Winter Italian Family Dinners One-pan Pizza Recipes Kid Friendly bread flour Cheddar cheese dry active yeast Eggs middle bacon Olive Oil Rosemary sea salt