Recipe Shopping List
Butternut Pumpkin Mash
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C (fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and place butternut pumpkin on tray. Scatter over garlic cloves and sage
- Arrange 50g of the butter over the pumpkin and season with salt and pepper. Bake 30-35 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and cuts easily with a fork. Transfer hot pumpkin, roasted sage leaves and pan juices to the bowl of a food processor
- Squeeze roasted garlic from skins and add to pumpkin, discarding skins. Process until smooth
- Add parmesan and half of the remaining butter and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with remaining cubes of butter
Tips & Hints:
- Mash can be made at least 2 days ahead. Place into an airtight container and refrigerate. Reheat in the microwave or add extra butter and and heat in a saucepan on the stove top.
More Sides recipes from Western Star
No reviews for this recipe yet.