Recipe Shopping List
Muffin Tin Gratin Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced. Using 15 g of the Spreadable, lightly grease a 12 -hole 1/3 cup-capacity non-stick muffin pan.
- Heat remaining Spreadable in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic and thyme, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add cream. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Season. Set aside to allow flavours to infuse.
- Meanwhile, using a mandolin or v-slicer, cut potatoes into very thin slices. Transfer to a bowl. Strain cream mixture over potatoes. Discard solids left in the strainer. Add cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Divide the potatoes between holes of prepared pan (see Notes). Spoon over remaining cream mixture. Cover with baking paper and foil. Place on a large baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and baking paper. Bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until golden and potatoes are tender.
- Stand gratins in pan for 10 minutes to allow them to firm up. Run a sharp knife around each stack and remove from pan.
Tips & Hints:
- Serve with roast chicken, pork or beef
- Stack potato slices nicely so they cook evenly and are easy to remove from pan. The potato will sit above the rim of the muffin pan holes but will shrink as it cooks.