Recipe Shopping List
Choc-Mint Ice-Cream Cakes
- Line the bases of a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity non-stick muffin pan with baking paper.
- Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter and process until combined. Press mixture into bases of prepared pan holes. Refrigerate until required.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Place condensed milk, peppermint extract, a little food coloring and chopped chocolate chips in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Fold condensed milk mixture into thickened cream. Spoon the cream mixture into the prepared muffin holes until three-quarters full.
- Using an electric mixer, beat remaining cream mixture until firm peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Working quickly, pipe cream mixture over mixture in muffin holes. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight until frozen.
- Just before you’re ready to serve, place dark chocolate and Spreadable in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir until chocolate has melted.
- Remove ice cream from muffin pans. Drizzle with cooled chocolate sauce and serve scattered with the chopped peppermint crisp.
Tips & Hints:
- You could replace the chocolate chips with chopped candy canes for an extra strong mint flavour.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Ice Cream Cake Desserts Ice Cream Australia Day Birthday Christmas Dinner Party Father's Day Holidays Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day Valentine's Day Australian Butter chocolate biscuits chocolate chips dark chocolate green food colouring peppermint crisp peppermint extract Sweetened Condensed Milk Thickened Cream unsalted butter