Recipe Shopping List
- Combine crust ingredients in a bowl ready for use
- Pre heat the oven 200C.
- In a blender add the garlic, chipotle and sauce, dates, orange juice and salt and pepper and puree to form a thick paste.
- Arrange onion, tomato, thyme and chopped orange in the base of a roasting pan. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Spread the paste over the lamb so it’s completely coated. Pat the herb crumb into the lamb and then rest on top of the vegetables. Drizzle with a little more oil and add a splash of water to the roasting pan.
- Roast for 25 minutes before turning the oven temperature down to 170°C. Roast for a further 1 hour -1½ hours. If you have a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should be 60°C for medium. Remove the meat and rest for 35-40 minutes, covered loosely with foil.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry pan over medium heat for 1 minute on each side. Keep warm in a clean tea towel.
- Discard the thyme sprigs from the roasting tin and roughly chop the tomatoes and onions, then mix through the juices.
- Thinly slice the lamb and add to the tortillas. Top with pan juices, onions and tomatoes, parsley and feta.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge at least 1 hour before cooking.
Justine Schofield is one of Australia’s most recognisable culinary faces, having forged a reputation as a simple and elegant cook. Justine's deliciously simple recipes for comforting winter dishes are made using La Banderita’s deliciously authentic products including tacos, fajitas and tortillas in all sizes. See more La Banderita Recipes by Celebrity Chef Justine Schofield on LaBanderita.Tv
No reviews for this recipe yet.