Recipe Shopping List
Edible Cheese Board
- Roll dough balls together to form one smooth ball. Rest for 10 minutes
- To make the “bowls” in the cheese board, crumple foil into 2cm high discs to mold the dough around. We used two 10cm diameter discs, and one approx. 8cm diameter disc
- Brush baking tray liberally with olive oil. Position foil discs where you want the bowls to be, and arrange dried fruits, nuts, tomatoes, grapes and herbs around them to create a fruit and nut decoration
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to form a rectangle large enough to cover the whole tray
- Carefully drape and stretch dough over ingredients. Press down around the foil discs and around the edges. Stand in a warm place for 15 minutes if time permits
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C (fan-forced). Bake 15 minutes or until dough is crisp and golden. Remove and stand for 5 minutes before turning over onto a tray. Remove foil moulds. Place brie cheese into a dough bowl and return to oven to cook for a further 10 minutes, until cheese is softened and dough is golden brown. Transfer edible cheese board onto a serving platter or wooden board and cool slightly
- Arrange meats, cheese and cocktail onions in each bowl. Decorate with extra slices of hard cheese, olives, crackers and any extra fruit and nuts. Serve warm and enjoy by tearing off pieces of the board to top with meat, cheese and cocktail onions
Tips & Hints:
- To make your own pizza dough, combine 3 cups bread flour with 2 tsp dry active yeast, 1 tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt, 1-1 ¼ cups water and 3 tbsp olive oil. Knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a bowl and cover. Stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size. Punch down and roll out to fit your tray.
- Use any size baking tray you have on hand and design the size of your bowls to your ingredients.
- Be creative with your decorative border, using your favourite ingredients and filling your cheese board to suit your tastes.
- Cheeseboard can be made a day ahead. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, add brie cheese and place in a hot oven for 10-15 minutes to crisp up and warm through.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Cheeseboard Platter Appetisers Australia Day Baby and Bridal Showers Christmas Dinner Party Father's Day Holidays Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day Party Picnic Thanksgiving Valentine's Day Weekends Australian Football Finals Finger Food Australian Made Brie Crackers Olive Oil olives pickled cocktail onions pizza dough tomatoes