Recipe Shopping List
Vegetable Curry Puffs with Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes. Add potato, carrot, curry powder and salt and cook for a further 3 minutes .
- Stir in sweet chilli sauce and stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat, simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add peas, remove from heat and season to taste. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C (fan-forced) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Use a round 10cm cutter to cut out 5 circles from each pastry sheet. Spoon 2 heaped tsp of mixture into the centre of each pastry round. Fold pastry in half to enclose mixture, folding over edges to seal. Place onto prepared trays and brush with beaten egg. Repeat with remaining pastry, filling and egg.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, swapping trays over halfway, until pastry is golden and cooked through. Cool slightly and serve warm with extra sweet chilli.
Tips & Hints:
- Store cooked curry puffs in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in oven or microwave.
- Freeze uncooked curry puffs by placing between sheets of baking paper in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Brush with egg wash just before cooking. Cook from frozen and increase time by 5-10 minutes.
- Cooked curry puffs can be frozen. Allow to cool slightly then place on a lined baking tray and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to an air-tight container or freezer bags. To reheat, take straight from the freezer and bake at 180°C for 15 minutes, or until warmed through.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Curry Puff Curry Puff Appetisers Vegetarian Australia Day Baby and Bridal Showers Father's Day Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day Party Picnic Asian Organic Kid Friendly Football Finals Australian Made Vege Smugglers Carrots curry powder Eggs Garlic ginger oil Onions peas Potatoes Puff Pastry salt Sweet chilli sauce vegetable stock Frozen vegetables frozen peas Frozen Puff Pastry