Recipe Shopping List
Pork and Veggie Sausage Rolls
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C (fan-forced) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and fennel seeds. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Cool
- Mix cooled onion mixture, mince, carrot, tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, cheese and 1 egg together in a large bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Shape ½ cup of meat mixture into logs along the centre of each piece of pastry, brush one edge with remaining beaten egg and firmly roll pastry over the meat, pressing to close the edge. Cut each length into 4 sausage rolls
- Arrange sausage rolls, seam side down, onto baking trays. Brush with more egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm with extra tomato sauce
Tips & Hints:
- To freeze uncooked sausage rolls, prepare up to end of step 4. Freeze in a single layer in freezer-proof containers for up to 2 months.
- Cook frozen sausage rolls directly from the freezer. Increase cook time by 10 minutes.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Sausage Rolls Finger Food Appetisers Mince Beef Pork Sauces Meat Australia Day Baby and Bridal Showers Father's Day Kids Party New Year's Eve / Day Party Picnic School Holidays Summer Weekends Australian Organic Kid Friendly Finger Food Football Finals Australian Made breadcrumbs Carrots Eggs fennel seeds Garlic Olive Oil Onions Pork and Veal mince Puff Pastry sesame seeds tasty cheese Tomato sauce