Recipe Shopping List
Golden Crostata with Winter Fruits
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper
- To make the pastry, place flour and butter into the base of a large food processor and blitz until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. With the processor going, add the water and vinegar. Blitz until mixture just comes together being careful not to over mix. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- While the pastry rests, in a large bowl, mix together fruit, almond meal, sugar and vanilla bean paste. Set aside
- Place pastry onto a lightly floured surface and roll pastry into a circle until it is about 5mm thick. Carefully place pastry onto the prepared tin. Pile the fruit mixture into the center of the pastry leaving about a 4 cm around the edge. Fold edges of pastry over towards the fruit, pleating pastry together as you work around. Dot pieces of butter on top of the fruit mixture and sprinkle with extra sugar. Lightly brush egg over pastry. Place into the oven and bake on the bottom shelf for 40 minutes or until pastry is golden and fruit has cooked. Serve at room temperature alongside Western Star Cream
Tips & Hints:
- Try using different fruits such as nectarines, peaches and plums for a different twist!
No reviews for this recipe yet.