Recipe Shopping List
Honey Mustard Egg Salad Sliders
- Grease a shallow baking dish (4-cup capacity) that fits inside a large deep pan with a lid. Crack eggs into baking dish so that eggs are in a single layer. Place inside pan. Fill pan with enough water to come 1cm up the sides
- Cover with lid and cook over medium-high heat for 6-7 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand for 2-3 minutes with the lid on
- Transfer eggs to a chopping board. Coarsely chop with a sharp knife. Transfer to a bowl. Stir through mustard, honey, vinegar, salt and tarragon. Mix well
- Warm brioche sliders in a low oven (160°C) for 10 minutes. Split in half and spread bases with aioli. Top with lettuce leaf. Spoon over egg salad and sprinkle over herbs. Secure lid with a toothpick. Serve immediately
Tips & Hints:
- Alternatively, use the traditional method for making hard boiled eggs: Half fill a saucepan with cold water and gently lower the eggs into pan. Heat over medium heat. Once the water reaches a simmer, start the timer for 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the water. Cool eggs by running them under cold water for 30-60 seconds or placing them in a bowl of iced water.
- Egg salad can be made in advance. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
More Burgers recipes from Australian Eggs
Related: Egg Salad Slider Burger Brunch Appetisers Burgers Vegetarian Australia Day Baby and Bridal Showers Christmas Dinner Party Easter Father's Day Holidays Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day Party Picnic Spring Summer Wedding World Egg Day Australian Kid Friendly Finger Food Football Finals Eggs Wholegrain mustard mustard White wine vinegar vinegar Tarragon Chives Brioche Brioche buns Mayonnaise Aioli Cos Lettuce Lettuce Herbs Boiled eggs iceberg lettuce