Recipe Shopping List
Kimchi and Cheese Egg Salad Baos
- Grease a shallow baking dish (4-cup capacity) that fits inside a large deep pan with a lid. Crack eggs into baking dish so that eggs are in a single layer. Place inside pan. Fill pan with enough water to come 1cm up the sides
- Cover with lid and cook over medium-high heat for 6-7 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand for 2-3 minutes with the lid on
- Transfer eggs to a chopping board. Coarsely chop with a sharp knife. Transfer to a bowl. Stir through mayonnaise, kimchi, cheese and hot sauce
- Follow packet instructions to steam bao buns. Fill bao buns with egg salad and top with green onion and extra hot sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve warm
Tips & Hints:
- Alternatively, use the traditional method for making hard boiled eggs: Half fill a saucepan with cold water and gently lower the eggs into pan. Heat over medium heat. Once the water reaches a simmer, start the timer for 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the water. Cool eggs by running them under cold water for 30-60 seconds or placing them in a bowl of iced water.
- Egg salad can be made in advance. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Use any spicy hot Asian sauce available.
- Bao buns are available from the freezer section of most supermarkets.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: bao Platter Lunch Appetisers Salads Dinner Party Easter Father's Day New Year's Eve / Day Party Picnic Spring Summer Weekends World Egg Day Australian Finger Food Football Finals Eggs Boiled eggs Green onions Cheddar cheese sriracha sriracha sauce Spring onions Mayonnaise bao buns black sesame seeds sesame seeds white sesame seeds kimchi