Recipe Shopping List
Mild Mince Curry Pie Maker Pies
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot, cook stirring for 3-4 minutes. Add mince and continue cooking until browned and crumbly. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute
- Pour in Mild Mince Curry Simmer Sauce and ⅓ cup water. Mix well, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes
- Stir in peas and corn and cook for a further 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions for your pie maker
- Cut out shortcrust bases and puff pastry lids. Line pie maker base with shortcrust pastry. Add curry mince mixture and cover with puff pastry lid
- Arrange 2 curry leaves on the top and close lid to cook. Cook 6-8 minutes or until pastry is cooked and golden. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Serve warm with chutney
Tips & Hints:
- Substitute beef mince with chicken, lamb or pork mince.
- All pie makers vary in size. This will affect the amount of filling needed to create a pie. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for preheating, filling the pies and cooking times.
- Store cooked pies in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days. Reheat in oven or microwave. Alternatively, wrap individually, label and freeze for up to 1 month.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Pie Curry Puff Savoury Mince Pies Mince Beef Autumn Father's Day Party Picnic School Holidays Weekends Winter Australian Pie Maker 30 minute meals Family Dinners Kid Friendly Football Finals Carrots corn kernels curry leaves Mild Mince Curry Simmer Sauce oil Onions peas Plain flour Puff Pastry shortcrust pastry frozen peas Frozen vegetables