Recipe Shopping List
Peanut Crackle Bars
Peanut Crackle Base
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin, leaving a 5cm overhang on two of the sides.
- Melt Copha in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and stir through peanut butter. Set aside.
- Process dates and maple syrup in a food processor until nearly smooth. Place into a large mixing bowl and add the Copha mixture, stir well to combine.
- Add puffed rice and coconut and stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared tin and flatten using the back of a spoon. Freeze for 10 minutes.
Chocolate Peanut Topping
- Melt Copha in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in cacao and maple syrup until smooth.
- Pour over slice. Scatter with peanuts. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours or until firm and slice into squares.
Tips & Hints:
- Brown rice puffs can be purchased from the health food aisle of most large supermarkets or from your local health food shop. Alternatively, substitute with Rice Bubbles.
- This can be made 2 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days or freeze for 1 month.
- Garnish with any finely crushed nut of choice. For a twist, add roasted salted peanuts to the top.
- For a peanut-free version, substitute peanut butter with any nut butter of choice.
More Slices recipes from Copha
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Chocolate Crackle Bites Chocolate Bar Snacks Slices Baby and Bridal Showers BBQ Easter Father's Day Holidays Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day Picnic Australian Finger Food Football Finals Australian Made Raw Food Recipes Copha Crunchy Peanut Butter medjool dates maple syrup brown rice puffs Desiccated coconut cacao powder crushed peanuts