Recipe Shopping List
Pear and Almond Tart
- Preheat oven to 180° C/ 160°C (fan forced), grease and line a round flan dish or a lamington tray with baking paper
- Core pears with a corer (or cut pears in half and use the end of a teaspoon to cut circle around the core and remove)
- Cut each of the pears in half and slice each of the halves vertically leaving a small section uncut near the stem end whole to represent a fan. If using fresh pears, place the 8 fanned pear portions on a microwave dish with 2 tablespoons water. Cover with cling wrap and cook for 1 minute on high. When cooked, remove cling wrap and allow to cool slightly
- Beat dairy free spread and sugar together with electric beaters on low speed until light and creamy. Add one egg yolk, almond meal, cinnamon, flour and Vitasoy Soy Milky Vanilla and mix until smooth
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into the tart mixture until well combined. Pour batter into lined lamington tray. Press fanned pears into batter with even spacing between pieces. Cook for 30-35 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Dust tart with icing sugar before serving. Suitable to serve warm or cooled
Tips & Hints:
- If fresh pears are unavailable, drained canned pear halves will be suitable to use. If pears are unsuitable, use ripe bananas. Peel and cut in half and fan each half of the banana. Press the uncooked banana into the batter as per Step 5.
No reviews for this recipe yet.