Recipe Shopping List
Apple Tea Cake
- Preheat oven to 180° C/ 160°C (fan forced). Grease a 20cm springform tin and line the base with baking paper
- Sift flours, bicarb soda, baking powder, Xanthan gum and one cup of caster sugar into a large mixing bowl
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, Vitasoy Soy Milky Vanilla, vanilla essence and melted dairy free spread. Mix until well combined. Pour into dry ingredients and mix well until well combined and no lumps. Pour into prepared cake tin and arrange apple slices over the top in a circular pattern
- Combine remaining one tablespoon sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over top of cake
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until firm to touch and golden brown. Remove from oven, and cool on bench for 10 minutes. Remove from tin and transfer to wire rack to allow to cool completely.
Tips & Hints:
- Xanthan gum can be purchased in health food stores or in the health food section of major supermarkets.
No reviews for this recipe yet.