Recipe Shopping List
- Combine water, yeast and salt in a large bowl, stir until dissolved
- Fold through flour until just combined, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-10 minutes or until a smooth ball forms
- Place dough ball into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling wrap. Set aside in a warm drought free place for 30 minutes. Divide dough into 4 balls. Cover with cling wrap and allow dough to double in size (this can take up to 10-12 hours)
- Turn dough out on a floured surface and knock back (punch) the dough to remove excess air, lightly knead
- To make the tomato sauce, place tomatoes in a food processor and process until combined
- Turn FUNCTION dial to PIZZA setting. Turn TIME dial to 15 minutes and set TEMPERATURE dial to 210°C CONVECTION. Press the START button to begin preheating
- Roll out one piece of pizza dough to form a 24cm disc and place onto pizza tray
- Prick base with a fork or pizza docker and brush base with oil
- When preheating has completed, place pizza into the oven and cook for 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven. Top with remaining ingredients. Top with basil leaves and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately
- For a quick dough which is thicker use Basic dough recipe
When it comes to making the world's best pizza, Australian Pizzaiolo don't usually spring to mind – but one Aussie has changed that. A master of his craft, Melbourne based Johnny Di Francesco took out the number one spot at The 2014 World Pizza Championships in Napoli for best STG (Traditional Speciality Guaranteed (Specialita' Tradizionale Garantita), pizza in the world.
Johnny is well known amongst Australian food lovers for being one of the best in the pizza business and his passion for Italian cuisine draws from traditional Neapolitan techniques of his family's heritage.
No reviews for this recipe yet.