Recipe Shopping List
- Combine yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil and water to a large bowl; stir until combined
- Fold through flour until just combined, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5–10 minutes or until a smooth ball forms
- Place dough ball into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling wrap. Set aside in a warm drought free place for 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. Turn dough out on a floured surface and knock back (punch) the dough to remove excess air, lightly knead
- Divide dough as required.
- You can freeze pizza dough for 8 weeks, double wrapped in plastic wrap
- Combine prawns with lemon rind, juice, wine, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Leave to marinade
- Combine passata with oregano, salt and pepper
- Turn FUNCTION dial to PIZZA setting. Turn TIME dial to 15 minutes. Turn TEMPERATURE dial to 210°C CONVECTION. Press the START button
- Divide dough into four 180g balls. Roll out one piece of pizza dough to form a 24cm disc and place onto pizza tray. Prick base with a fork or pizza docker
- Spread base with 2 tablespoons passata
- Divide toppings evenly into four. Top pizza base with a quarter of the prawns, tomatoes and capers
- When preheating has completed, place pizza into the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, slice and serve immedately
- Repeat with remaining pizza dough, passata and toppings
- Garnish with extra parsley leaves and lemon rind
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately
One of the secrets to La Disfida's pizza is its base and Zuzza's tight–lipped about how to make it. It was mastered in the kitchen with the business' original owners before he took the reins.
Zuzza first started working at one of the oldest Italian restaurants in Sydney, the Mixing Pot. Then 29 years later, he opened La Disfida, which has established a glowing reputation for its wood-fired pizzas and in 2013 a second restaurant Tappo Osteria in Pyrmont.
Breville have been working with some influential Australian Chefs, food bloggers and celebrities to inspire you to create restaurant quality dishes at home.
No reviews for this recipe yet.