Prepare for a fiesta of flavours with Quick Beef Enchiladas! This easy Mexican recipe is a must-try, transporting you to the flavours of Mexico right in your own kitchen! Each bite is a tantalising blend of savoury beef, vibrant vegetables, and gooey melted Mexican cheese.
Credit: Whisk Media Group
Recipe Shopping List
Quick Beef Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced. Grease a shallow oven tray or 3.5 Litre (14 cup capacity - 36cm x 22cm x 5cm) rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick fry pan over medium - high heat. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up lumps for 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Add spice mix and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in ½ cup enchilada cooking sauce. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to same hot pan. Add onion and capsicum and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Return mince mixture, add coriander and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Combine remaining enchilada sauce and salsa. Spread 1/2 cup of the mixture over base of prepared oven tray or dish.
- For each enchilada, place a tortilla on a flat work surface. Top with 1/2 cup of mixture and a heaped tablespoon of Mexican cheese. Roll up to enclose filling and form a log.
- Place enchiladas in prepared dish. Repeat to make 8 enchiladas in total. Pour remaining sauce over top of enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining Mexican cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve enchiladas with guacamole and coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
Tips & Hints:
- To make Guacamole: Coarsely mash 2 avocadoes with the juice of 1 lime. Stir through 1 small tomato which has been seeded and finely chopped and a ¼ small red onion which has been very finely chopped. Season with salt and cracked pepper. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes if desired.
- Make a day ahead and store covered in the fridge until ready to bake. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before going in the oven.
- Leftover enchiladas can be put into containers and refrigerated for 2 days. Reheat on a plate, covered in the microwave.
More Mince recipes from Perfect Italiano
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Enchilada Enchiladas Dinner Mince Beef Father's Day Holidays Spring Summer Weekends Mexican Tray Bake Kid Friendly Olive Oil beef Beef Mince mexican spice mix enchilada sauce Red Onions Corriander Salsa flour tortillas tortillas cheese mexican cheese Guacamole limes Perfect Italiano Perfect Mexican cheese