Recipe Shopping List
Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks with Asian flavours
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Combine flour and black pepper and roll lamb shanks in the seasoned flour
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat
- Add the meat and brown well on all sides, taking care not to burn. Transfer to a plate and set aside
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli flakes to the pan and cook for a few minutes until the onion starts to soften. Transfer the lamb shanks, onion mixture, capsicum and squash to an oven-proof casserole dish with a lid, or to a slow cooker
- Add the stock, vinegar, Sweet Soy Sauce, pepper, star anise and cinnamon stick
- Cover and place in oven for about 1 1/2 hours, or to a slow cooker on medium for 4-6 hours, until the meat is almost falling off the bone
Tips & Hints:
- Serve with mashed potato and steamed baby carrots
- Frenched lamb shanks are shanks where the excess fat and tendons have been removed from the top of the shank. Your butcher will do this for you.
- Variation: Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce or Kikkoman Honey Soy can be substituted if desired
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Lamb Shanks Shank Dinner Lamb Meat Autumn Dinner Party Father's Day Weekends Winter Asian Slow Cooking Family Dinners High Protein Dairy Free Low Salt beef stock cinnamon sticks Garlic Lamb Shanks Olive Oil Onions pepper Plain flour red capsicums red wine vinegar Soy sauce star anise yellow squash