Recipe Shopping List
Tomato and Goats Cheese Tart
- Combine flour, baking powder and Fairy in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk, lemon juice and sufficient water until pastry comes together.
- Knead lightly and pat into a round flat shape. Wrap in baking paper and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll dough out on a floured board and line a greased rectangular fluted fan tin.
- Line with baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Rest in refrigerator for another 20 minutes.
- Blind bake pastry for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans or rice, reduce the temperature to 180°C and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden.
- Lightly beat eggs and cream together, season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cut tomatoes over the base and place chunks of goat cheese over top.
- Pour over the egg mix and bake for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 180°C and cook for a further 20 minutes or until filling is puffed and golden.
- Top with fresh basil leaves to serve.
Tips & Hints:
- May be served hot or cold.
No reviews for this recipe yet.