Recipe Shopping List
White Christmas Forest Platter
- Combine the Copha and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the coconut, powdered milk, icing sugar to the Copha mixture and stir to combine. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cut 7 rectangles (30cm x 15cm) of baking paper. Roll each sheet into a cone shape that fits snugly into the waffle cones. Staple to secure.
- Fill 2 of the paper cones with ½ cup firmly packed White Christmas mixture in each. Repeat with another 2 cones filled with 1 cup firmly packed mixture in each. Fill remaining cones with ⅓ cup firmly packed mixture in each. Stand in glasses and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- To assemble, remove baking paper from trees and arrange onto a large flat platter.
- Decorate by sprinkling the base of the platter with desiccated coconut. Arrange berries and sweets onto the platter around the base of the trees.
- Top three of the trees with chocolate stars. Place into the centre of your Christmas table ready for grazing.
Tips & Hints:
- Alternatively, melt Copha and chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts. Stir after each heating until just melted.
- Dried mango can be found in the dried fruit and nut section of most large supermarkets. Dried cranberries, peaches or apricots can be substituted.
- Forest Platter will hold easily at room temperature for 2-3 hours. Refill platter with berries and sweets as needed.
- White Christmas trees can be made 3 days in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Use up leftover waffle cones by breaking into large shards. Dip in white chocolate and dust with coconut to add to the platter.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: White Christmas Platter Treats Desserts Christmas Dinner Party New Year's Eve / Day Party Wedding Australian Australian Made Copha White Chocolate White cooking chocolate Rice Bubbles Powdered milk Icing sugar sugar blanced almonds Almonds Roasted almonds Dried mango Glace Cherries Waffle ice cream cones Strawberries Raspberries Cherries Candy Canes Desiccated coconut