Recipe Shopping List
Whole Baked Cauliflower with Sage and Onion Crust
- Pre heat oven to 200°C
- Trim the outer cauliflower leaves. Trim the stalk so the cauliflower can sit flat, then cut a cross into its base. Place into a greased baking dish
- Cover the cauliflower evenly with 75g of Western Star Spreadable and sprinkle with salt
- Bake cauliflower until tender, about 1 hour 20 mins (depending on size). To check it is cooked, insert a small knife into the centre. It should go through easily
- While the cauliflower is cooking place a frying pan over medium heat. Add 100g of Western Star Spreadable to the pan and once melted add the diced onion. Cook onion until translucent, add garlic and cook for a further minute, then remove from heat
- Tear the bread into pieces of varying size and place onto a baking tray. Add the onion and garlic, sage leaves, salt, and pepper to the tray and give a good mix to combine
- Place into the oven for 10-15 mins or until bread is crispy and golden. Let bread mixture cool to room temperature and then blitz in a food processor to breadcrumb like consistency
- To serve place cauliflower onto a serving dish and top with the breadcrumbs. Lastly sprinkle over the chopped parsley and lemon zest
Tips & Hints:
- When cooking the onions and garlic, try adding some diced bacon.
- Add some quartered onions and sliced fennel to the baking tray to roast with the cauliflower.
No reviews for this recipe yet.