Recipe Shopping List
6 Pancake Topping Ideas
The Best Pancakes
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt together. In a large jug whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla, if using. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in milk mixture to make a smooth batter
- Heat a large, lightly greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches of 3, pour ¼ cups of batter into the pan. Cook pancakes for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles break on the surface and underside is golden brown. Flip over and cook for 1 minute
- Stack and serve the pancakes with maple syrup and blueberries. Or choose from one of our sweet and savoury topping ideas
- Add a dollop of yoghurt to your pancake. Top with a scattering of granola and slices of nectarine.
- Spread pancakes with mascarpone and top with a tumble of raspberries and drizzle with passionfruit curd.
- Add a smear of cream cheese to your pancake and top with a strawberry compote.
- Spread pancake with ricotta. Top with spinach, cherry tomatoes and add a drizzle of balsamic.
- Top your pancake with garlic mushrooms, a few cubes of fetta and a scatter of chopped chives.
- Fry an egg and add it to your pancake. Top with good teaspoon of kimchi and drizzle with chilli sauce.