Recipe Shopping List
Caramelised Fruit Filling
- Heat butter, sugar and maple syrup together in a frying pan over medium heat until bubbling and hot. Stir in pineapple and cook 3-4 minutes or until just softening. Add blueberries, strawberries and banana and continue cooking, stirring until warmed through and just slightly softened. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla until well combined. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in milk mixture to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a large, lightly greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches of 2-3, pour shallow ¼ cups of batter into the pan. Not too close together so they have plenty of room to spread and have a round shape. Cook pancakes for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles break on the surface and underside is golden brown. Flip over and cook for 1 minute. Wrap cooked pancakes in a clean tea towel so they remain warm and pliable.
- To serve, fold one pancake into a taco shape and spoon in fruit. Top with a dollop of cream. Prop up the ‘taco’ using 2 glasses on each side to keep its shape. Repeat with remaining pancakes, using the tacos to support each other. Serve immediately drizzled with any extra sauce.
Tips & Hints:
- Use fruit in season or frozen berries available in your supermarket freezer.
- Pancakes can be made 2 days in advance. Warm gently before serving.
More Pancakes recipes from Australian Eggs
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Pancake Taco Breakfast Pancakes Treats Birthday Father's Day Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day Mexican Kid Friendly Butter brown sugar maple syrup Pineapple blueberries Strawberries bananas Plain flour Baking Powder Caster sugar Eggs Milk unsalted butter vanilla extract Whipped Cream mascarpone