Recipe Shopping List
Apricot, Orange and Butter Glazed Chicken
Roast chicken glaze
- Place all glaze ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes to slightly reduce, then set aside.
- Pre heat oven to 200°C.
- Place chicken into a large baking tray. Stuff the lemon and brown onion halves into the chicken cavity and tie the legs together with cooking twine. Brush the chicken all over with the glaze. Bake, brushing with glaze every 20 minutes, for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Half an hour before the chicken is cooked place the carrots, red onion quarters, garlic halves and sage around the chicken. Scatter the cubes of butter over the carrots, season and return to the oven for the remaining half an hour.
- Rest cooked chicken for 10 minutes before carving.
Tips & Hints:
- You can check the chicken is cooked by piercing the thigh near the bone. If the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Roast Chicken Roast chicken Dinner Chicken Poultry Christmas Dinner Party Father's Day Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day Australian Family Dinners apricot jam orange juice brown sugar Butter Rosemary Whole chicken chicken Roast chicken baby carrots Red Onions Sage Lemons Salted Butter Garlic cloves Brown Onions