Recipe Shopping List
Coq au Vin
- Pour the wine into a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil and simmer until liquid has reduced by a third. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a separate large, heavy based pan, melt the 60g butter and oil together over medium heat. Add the chicken and fry on all sides until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside
- Add the bacon, onion and mushrooms into the same pan and fry until golden. Return the chicken back into the pan along with garlic, shallots, herbs, wine and stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir through remaining butter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve alongside buttery mash
Tips & Hints:
- Serve with buttery mash and warm seasonal vegetables.