Recipe Shopping List
- Building tacos at the table, start with placing a taco on a plate
- Top with pulled chicken
- Sprinkle with avocado and cheese
- Scatter with coriander; serve with lime wedges and chili if desired
Tips & Hints:
- To make this recipe have a pre made batch of Ardmona's Slow Cooked Tomato Pulled Chicken ready to go.
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced
- Heat oil in a heavy based ovenproof pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until softened. Stir in tomato paste and barbecue sauce and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thick
- Place chicken into a large baking pan. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coast chicken. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until chicken is very tender
- Remove from oven, transfer chicken to a board. Using 2 forks, shred chicken. Stir shredded chicken through tomato sauce. Scatter with coriander. Serve with sweet corn, red onion, lime wedges and rice
Tips & Hints:
- Pulled Chicken Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Makes: 6 cups
- This recipe uses only 2 cups of Pulled Chicken. Use leftover chicken for other amazing recipes such as Ardmona's Mexican Chicken Bake or Pulled Chicken Sliders.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Pulled chicken Taco chicken Lunch Dinner Sandwiches, Wraps and Rolls Chicken Poultry Easter Holidays New Year's Eve / Day Picnic Spring Summer Weekends Mexican Family Dinners Football Finals High Protein Gluten Free Avocados BBQ chicken Brown Onions Chicken Thighs coriander Garlic Olive Oil soft tacos tasty cheese tinned tomatoes tomato paste smokey BBQ sauce