Recipe Shopping List
Dairy-free Lemon Avocado Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced and line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Place flour, cornflour, baking powder, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and mix together. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, eggs, lemon rind, avocado and coconut milk. Whisk until just combined
- Pour into loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin completely
- Meanwhile, make the icing
- When ready to serve, spoon the icing over the cake and scatter with shredded coconut
- Place the coconut cream in the fridge for 24 hours. Once chilled completely, remove the top firm creamy layer and place in a large bowl (you should have about 3/4 cup).
- Add the honey to the coconut cream and whisk until slightly thickened and combined. Refrigerate until required.
Tips & Hints:
- Coconut cream varies in consistency from brand to brand and after refrigeration, some coconut creams may be thicker than others. If your icing is very thick, add a few tablespoons of coconut milk or water to thin the icing
Related: Cake Snacks Baking Desserts Baby and Bridal Showers Birthday Dinner Party Father's Day Holidays Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day Picnic Valentine's Day Australian Kid Friendly Raw Food Recipes Dairy Free Avocados Baking Powder coconut cream Coconut milk coconut oil Cornflour Desiccated coconut Eggs golden caster sugar honey Lemon zest shredded coconut Wholemeal flour Lemons Caster sugar